The Healing Episodes of the Broken Girl 1

Don't you worry, I'm fine, I don't miss you anymore.

All my letters, never sent, remain scattered on the floor.

Your ash shirt, that smile, once didn't let me breathe,

Couldn't help it, if I could, put your memories in a wreath.

All my feelings, not the same, lost and faded with time,

Winter drive, quite glum, sad serenades in my mind.

I don't stare, you don't gaze, I buried everything I tried to hide,

Never mind, I won't be back, gotta take care of my pride.

Endless talk, sleepless night, our verses in my phone,

When you're gone, I was fragile, did feel very alone.

Took out my heart, put it in a box and sent to your place,

Felt so scared, what'd you say, but you handled with your grace.

Can't deny you broke me, the perfect girl was in shame,

Couldn't play along, the game slyly my heart played.

Hard to shake what I felt that September night,

Red turned to numb grey, headphones put aside.

We are friends, no regrets, lets forget the silly romance,

But it still hurts at 12:36 AM, I wish you weren't my hypnotic trance.
All the same, I promise to move on.

                                   The Broken Girl

Comments